What Is Equate Shake?
Equate Shake is a meal replacement shake that claims to be a healthy addition to anyone’s lifestyle. The shake is designed to help you control your calorie intake, thus helping you lose weight along the way as well.
Meal replacements are often taken by people who are trying to lose weight or maybe just wanting to maintain their ideal weight. Although it’s not a very commendable choice, it’s still better than munching on junk food or fast-food products that can only bring more harm than good.
You just need to choose wisely and make sure that you go for meal replacement products or shakes that can offer you more health benefits.
Who Makes Equate Shake?
Equate used to be an independent brand that carries a lot of products such as skin lotions, pregnancy tests, shaving cream and other health and beauty items. This brand was taken over by Walmart Stores Inc., which is also the exclusive distributor of all their products.
Now Equate Shake, along with other Equate products, are exclusively handled by Walmart. Yet, you may still find a few merchants selling them outside Walmart.
For any questions or concerns regarding the product, you may contact Walmart directly or reach their toll-free number at 1-888-287-1915.
Best Equate Shake Alternative
Due to all the negative reviews about Equate Shake, we’ve been looking for a competitive product that was proven more effective. We checked several of them with deception, and finally came around a real effective meal replacement shake. You can read its review HERE.
Who Should Take Equate Shake?
Equate Shake was formulated to help you keep off those unwanted pounds. It claims to be for people with active lifestyles and are too busy to prepare their own meals whenever they get hungry.
Meal replacement shakes are meant to do just that. You no longer have to worry about your next meal or what to eat as a side snack a few hours after lunch or breakfast.
The shake may not be suitable for people under 18 years of age, or if you are nursing, pregnant or plan to lose more than 30 pounds. It is recommended that you talk to your doctor first before going on any diet.
How Does Equate Shake Work?
Equate Shake is advertised as a convenient and delicious meal replacement for anyone on a diet or just trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle. It works best when combined with the right diet and exercise, particularly if you are consuming it for weight loss.
It has 4 different flavors which are:
- dark chocolate royale
- creamy milk chocolate
- french vanilla
- strawberries and cream
These meal shakes are all ready-to-drink, which make them more convenient. These save you time and energy because you no longer have to prepare anything. You just have to shake it well before drinking.
You may either have it chilled or over ice, whatever you prefer. If you don’t plan on drinking it all at once, you may place it back in the refrigerator to maintain its freshness.
Equate Shake contains calories, protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals that the body needs to take on daily activities.
Equate Shake Ingredients
- Vitamin A – Vitamin A is essential in keeping the immune system, vision and cell growth healthy. You can get this vitamin from the food you eat, although supplementation may be recommended for people with poor diet. Deficiency may occur if you have digestive disorders or other types of diseases.
- Calcium – This mineral keeps the bone healthy, aside from other benefits such as maintaining heart rhythm and controlling or preventing high blood pressure. There is also insufficient evidence that calcium can aid in weight loss, although this claim has not been clearly established yet.
- Vitamin D – this promotes the absorption of calcium, thus also maintains bone health. Vitamin D deficiency may lead to softening of the bone (osteomalacia), osteoporosis, bone and muscle pain, type 1 diabetes and in some rare cases, cancers of the ovaries, prostate, colon, breast, and esophagus.
- Riboflavin – This B vitamin contributes greatly to normal functioning and growth of cells. It may be taken by mouth for muscle cramps, migraine headaches, carpal tunnel syndrome, eye fatigue, glaucoma, and cataracts.
- Iodine – Without iodine, the thyroid gland cannot make hormones. If there is not enough iodine, the thyroid will have to work harder to do its job. This can lead to goiter or the enlargement of the thyroid gland.
- Zinc – Zinc is used to boost the immune system, prevent infections of the lower respiratory tract, treat common cold and promote weight gain for people with eating disorders.
- Thiamine – Also called Vitamin B1, this is usually combined with other B vitamins. It can be used for conditions that are linked to or due to low levels of thiamine such as inflammation of the nerves due to pregnancy. It can also boost the immune system, treat diabetic pain, and prevent cervical cancer.
Other ingredients of the Equate Shake include:
- fat-free milk
- canola oil
- cellulose gel
- Vitamin K
- pantothenic acid
Equate Shake Side Effects
There are no known side effects that Equate Shake can bring, although there are consumers complaining of the residual taste that they get after drinking it.
If you are known to have any medical condition or allergic reaction to any of the ingredients used in this shake, it’s best to consult with your doctor first before trying the product.
The shake contains soy and milk which may not be suitable for some people with lactose intolerance and other conditions.
Equate Shake Reviews
We were only able to find Equate Shake reviews on the Walmart listings but none on Amazon. Although there are positive reviews about it, there are still those who are not satisfied with the product.
Most of the complaints were about the new packaging of the shake. It appears that the distributor or manufacturer has changed the cans to plastic bottles, which some customers do not find appealing or helpful at all.
One review said that the plastic bottles have ruined the taste as the shake now tastes differently. Also, with the lip of the bottle being sharp, it makes it uncomfortable to drink on.
Where To Buy Equate Shake?
You can buy the different flavors of Equate Shake on Walmart and Amazon online, and also in the local Walmart stores around your area. One bottle contains 11 oz of shake and you may choose to buy it in 6-bottle or 12-bottle pack.
Does Equate Shake Really Work Or Is It A Scam?
Equate Shake may be an affordable alternative if you are not very particular about its other disadvantages. Perhaps it may do for some people who are not after too much weight loss and just looking for a convenient and cheap meal replacement product.
However, if you’re serious about weight loss, you might want to look for a meal replacement shake that can aid you better. There are products that you can use specifically for this purpose. You’ll be able to still eat healthily while on your journey to losing those unwanted pounds.