What Is Progene?
Progene is a dietary supplement that promises to help in increasing the levels of testosterone in men. The ingredients used in this formula are said to be effective in enhancing the production of testosterone in the body.
Testosterone is a hormone that is present in humans and other animals. The production of this hormone is at its peak during puberty and starts to decline when you are nearing the age of 30 or so. Having low T-levels can lead to a variety of symptoms, such as the following:
- low sex drive
- weight gain
- bones are getting thinner
- lesser body hair
- low self-esteem
Who Makes Progene?
Progene is a product of Progene Healthcare Inc. There is no information about its history or how the company started. They have an address for mails which is:
Progene MidWest Distribution Center
544 W Liberty St
Cincinnati, OH 45214
If you’d like to contact them by phone, the number is (866) 776-4363. Their customer care department is open from Mondays to Fridays, 10AM to 6PM.
Best Progene Alternative
Due to all the negative reviews about Progene, we’ve been looking for a competitive product that was proven more effective. We checked several of them with deception, and finally came around a real effective testosterone boosting supplement. You can read its review HERE.
Who Should Take Progene?
This supplement is intended for males who are 40 years old and above only. It cannot be taken by women, especially those who are pregnant or lactating. Be sure to check with a doctor first before taking this product if you are known to have any of these medical conditions:
- heart disease
- prostate enlargement
- prostate cancer
- low HDL or good cholesterol
How Does Progene Work?
According to their website, the pills should start working typically around the first four weeks of taking it. You will start feeling more energetic and you will also notice that your sex drive is gradually increasing.
The next four weeks should make your metabolism rate move faster, you will be able to focus better, and the arousal time needed every sexual activity will be reduced. The formula includes ingredients that are commonly used in testosterone boosting supplements.
The formula contains essential vitamins and minerals including:
- Vitamin A as Retinyl Palmitate
- Vitamin E as d-alpha-tocopheryl succinate
- Thiamin as thiamine mononitrate
- Niacin as Niacinamide
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B12
- Pantothenic Acid
- Zinc as zinc citrate
On the other hand, these are the key ingredients that make this product unique, according to the website:
- L-Arginine – This essential amino acid can help in increasing blood flow in the body. It can prevent heart disease while also aiding in the removal of metabolic by-products, toxins and harmful waste.
- Long Jack – This herb goes by different names but the most popular would probably be Tongkat Ali. It can enhance the production of testosterone and may also boost your libido, endurance, stamina and energy levels.
- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) – There are studies claiming that DHEA may be effective in supporting several body functions. However, there is still not enough evidence to prove these claims. This ingredient has been banned by most professional sports organizations such as the Olympics, NCAA, MLB and NFL.
- Saw Palmetto Berry Extract – Saw palmetto is widely known for its ability to reduce symptoms of an enlarged prostate. It can also help in maintaining and balancing the levels of testosterone in the body.
- Damiana Leaf – Damiana has been traditionally used as an anti-anxiety agent, anti-depressant, diuretic and aphrodisiac.
- Sarsaparilla Root – Contains sterols that can help in treating conditions like psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, syphilis, kidney problems, digestive problems, and gonorrhea.
- Jamaican Ginger Root – Jamaican ginger is used as a herbal remedy for motion and/or morning sickness, nausea and athlete’s foot. It may also be used to treat joint pain, diarrhea, indigestion, cough, colic, high fever and others.
- Muira Puama Extract – Also called the Potency Wood because of its ability to enhance our sexual functions. It can increase libido as well as the quality of erection in men.
- Eleuthero Root – This shrub can support health in general. It can also improve memory, stamina and vigor.
Other ingredients of Progene include ginseng, tribulus terrestris, nutmeg seed, oat straw extract, licorice root, stinging nettle extract, mucuna pruriens seed, lycopene, tinospora cordifolia leaf, and withania somnifera root.
Progene Side Effects
Testosterone boosters like Progene can cause possible side effects such as aggressiveness, acne, hair loss, irritability, hair growth on the face, and imbalance of estrogen levels.
Do not exceed the recommended dosage. In cases of such side effects, discontinue use immediately and see a doctor.
There are also reports of more serious side effects such as blurred vision, dizziness, rapid heartbeat and other similar symptoms. Make sure you have already talked to a doctor before consuming this supplement.
Take two tablets of Progene every day, preferably with meals. Do not take this supplement if you are under 40 years old or a woman (particularly if pregnant or nursing.)
Progene reviews on Amazon are quite a combination of neutral, positive and negative ones. Its rating is 3.6 out of 5 stars. There are users claiming that it worked for them, while others did not notice any improvement at all.
One review was warning other customers because of the user’s suffering from severe liver inflammation after taking the supplement for 3 weeks. He said he was also hospitalized twice because of hyperbilirubinemia and high liver enzymes. There’s no further explanation, though, on how such conditions were acquired.
Where To Buy Progene?
You can directly order Progene through their official website. There are users saying that this product is relatively expensive compared to other testosterone supplements in the market. You will need to take it regularly to see better and noticeable results.
There are different packages available and you can choose how many pills you’ll want to purchase. They also have a 60-day money back guarantee. You can also order this supplement on Amazon.
Does Progene Really Work Or Is It A Scam?
Judging from the reviews and also the composition of its ingredients, we think that Progene is a product that’s not worth the risk. It may be effective but then again, thinking about the side effects is another thing.
There are a variety of testosterone boosting supplements that can give you the same benefits (and even better) without having to worry about DHEA and its restrictions.
You can also look for a product that has less to no side effects. That way, you can achieve the increase in T-levels without suffering from side effects that can greatly affect your health and way of living.