What Is St. Ives Timeless Skin?
St. Ives Timeless Skin, or more specifically called as St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Moisturizer, is a facial moisturizer. Its primary function is to moisturize the skin giving it a smooth feel and look.
This product contains collagen and elastin proteins. Both ingredients are responsible for giving your skin a radiant glow.
Its formula is all natural with most ingredients extracted from plants, enabling the protection and the hydration of your skin. The manufacturer even guarantees a result in just seven days.
Who Makes St. Ives Timeless Skin?
St. Ives is just one of the 400 brands under the company Unilever. The brands under this company vary from indulgent ice creams to affordable soaps, luxurious shampoos, skin care products and a whole lot more.
Unilever is one of the well-known companies worldwide. Hence, most people are familiar with the company name.
If you have a medical emergency after using any of the St. Ives products, you may contact them through their customer service hotline:
- 24 hours a day | 7 days a week
Best St. Ives Timeless Skin Alternative
Due to all the negative reviews about St. Ives Timeless Skin, we’ve been looking for a competitive product that was proven more effective. We checked several of them with deception, and finally came around a real effective skin moisturizer. You can read its review HERE.
Who Is St. Ives Timeless Skin For?
This formula is for people of any gender who are looking to have a youthful skin glow.
The manufacturer is a strong advocate of using natural ingredients. If you are particular about choosing skin care products that do not contain any chemicals, then this cream may appeal to you.
How Does St. Ives Timeless Skin Work?
The formula contains safflower seed oil. It is one of the ingredients that make St. Ives Timeless Skin work as a moisturizer. It also contributes to having that radiant glow on the skin.
St. Ives Timeless Skin is just an ordinary moisturizer. It hydrates your skin and nothing more. So if you are looking for something to treat acne or has anti-aging capabilities, this formula will not be able to help you out.
St. Ives Timeless Skin Ingredients
The manufacturer boasts of using only natural ingredients and below is the list of what consists this product.
- Mineral Oil – is a skin conditioning agent. What it does is it creates a barrier in the skin that prevents water loss, so the skin stays hydrated.
- Propylene Glycol– when in use for cosmetics it is only in minuscule amounts. It is used as a humectant; what it does is attract water from the atmosphere and into your skin, making it hydrated. This ingredient also helps out other components to penetrate deeper into the layers of the skin. Yet with its combination with mineral oil in the formula, it blocks this from happening.
- Glyceryl Stearate – is an emollient that conditions the skin, leaving a smooth and soft feel and look.
- PEG 100 Stearate and Stearic Acid – both are emulsifiers which prevent water and oil from separating when in a mixture. The absence of these two will just give you a mess, not cream.
- Phenoxyethanol -is a preservative. It prevents the cream from spoilage.
- Carthamus Tinctorius or the (Safflower) Seed Oil – is rich in linoleic acid. Linoleic acid is the “best” ingredient that has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Triethanolamine– its primary use is as a pH adjuster. Other purposes are as surfactant, masking and fragrance ingredient, and buffering agent.
- Carbomer– are thickening agents that help with the flow and viscosity of cosmetic products.
- Dimethicone– is an ingredient that provides smooth skin.
- Disodium EDTA– (ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid) is what you call a chelating agent. It sequesters and decreases the reactivity of metal ions which are present in a product.
On the other hand, mineral oil on its own can cause breakouts especially when in use with pore-clogging ingredients. So if it is in use with other non-comedogenic products, it should not pose any side effects.
St. Ives Timeless Skin Side Effects
Reviews and user feedback online mention of some skin irritation during usage of this facial skin moisturizer.
So far this product does not pose any adverse side effects, though make sure to avoid contact with eyes when applying. If your eyes accidentally got affected by the product, rinse thoroughly using fresh water.
St. Ives Timeless Skin Dosage
Directions for use:
Scoop a pea size amount of the moisturizer into your palms and rub together. Next smooth over onto your skin starting from the cheeks moving to the forehead, nose and lastly the chin.
This facial moisturizer is best to apply in the morning and at night before going to sleep.
For people with highly sensitive skin, it is best to talk to your doctor before using this cream to avoid adverse effects.
St. Ives Timeless Skin Reviews
Most of the online reviews on St. Ives Timeless Skin point out its longevity. Unlike other moisturizers, the moisturizing effect of this cream is short, wherein barely an hour has passed and it runs out its impact.
The packaging is also scrutinized, as most users prefer a pump feature instead of tubs. There is also no protective film covering the cream inside.
Also, users label it as a basic moisturizer with no other benefits. Most costumers nowadays look for a skin care product that has other benefits like anti-acne and anti-aging to get their money’s worth.
Where To Buy St. Ives Timeless Skin?
You can purchase this moisturizer online at Walmart and Amazon.
If you visit the St. Ives main website and purchase it from there, it will redirect you to Walmart to buy the product. You can also order it online at Walmart and request for a free pick up at the local Walmart store near you.
Does St. Ives Timeless Skin Really Work Or Is It A Scam?
St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Moisturizer is but a plain moisturizer and nothing else. There are no other benefits that can come from using it.
Most users prefer to have a product that has it all if possible. They don’t like using one product for moisturizing and then another product for treating acne or getting anti-aging advantages. Having such a multi-purpose product will save money.
Recommendation will be to find other moisturizers that can offer more benefits; there are a lot out there that provide more than just moisturizing effects.
Sorted by: Most Recent
by Patricia review for St. Ives Timeless Skin
The moisturizer is okay. No high expectations.
by Jonah R. review for St. Ives Timeless Skin
It works as a moisturizer. Nothing more, nothing less.
by Rica review for St. Ives Timeless Skin
The cream feels okay on my skin. I don’t like the smell though.
by Aizza C. review for St. Ives Timeless Skin
I’m not a fan of the container it’s in! I prefer the ones with a pump. More hygienic.
by Diane P. review for St. Ives Timeless Skin
This cream is totally useless. It doesn’t work as advertised.
A waste of money.