What Is Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream?
Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream is a non-greasy, easy to apply and long-lasting moisturizing cream which quickly absorbs through the skin.
The product is apparently non-comedogenic, meaning it should not cause blackheads to appear. The cream comes with a convenient pump dispenser for everyone’s use.
It claims to help protect the skin while maintaining and restoring the skin’s moisture level. For people with sensitive skin, this cream is both gentle and effective.
This product is free of dyes, fragrance, lanolin, parabens, masking fragrance, and formaldehyde. Also, it’s gluten-free.
Who Makes Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream?
This skin moisturizer cream is from Pharmaceutical Specialties, Inc. The company has been around since 1974. They specialize mostly in skin care products for people with sensitive skin.
The founders of the company aim to manufacture and develop skin care products for people who need to avoid those common chemical irritants which you can find in ordinary skin care products.
Best Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream Alternative
Due to all the negative reviews about Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream, we’ve been looking for a competitive product that was proven more effective. We checked several of them with deception, and finally came around a real effective skin moisturizer. You can read its review HERE.
Who Is Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream For?
The product is specifically for moisturizing sensitive skin. It works best for people that have dry skin and should work for all ages and gender.
It also advertises to aid parents who have babies that have diaper rashes. Still, it would be best to consult your pediatrician before using it on your baby’s skin.
This moisturizing cream is perfect for use during extreme weather most especially during winter. Also, for people experiencing bad acne, this cream is said to be helpful in getting it toned down.
How Does Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream Work?
It works by treating the skin when it becomes dry, and maintaining it so it doesn’t turn dry again. What it does is hold water in the outermost layer of your skin.
The product also enables protection for the skin against the environment by creating a protective barrier that hinders natural oils from escaping. Also, it prevents harmful elements from causing irritation and dryness.
It is also said to be used for treating diaper rash and radiation skin burns. Although as a precaution, it is still best to consult your doctor or pharmacist to ensure safety and avoid any after effects due to allergies.
Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream Ingredients
According to the product’s packaging, its formula is made up of the following ingredients:
- Purified water
- Sorbitol solution – What this ingredient does best is to treat constipation. Hence, it is a laxative.
- Cetearyl alcohol – Part of what we call fatty alcohols, this alcohol is used as emollients which help thicken moisturizers or other skin care products. They are not irritating and are beneficial for dry skin.
- White petrolatum – Its most popular term would be petroleum jelly. A lot of people use this to treat various ailments as it’s known to cause no ill effects. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recognizes and approves this an over-the-counter (OTC) skin protectant.
- Propylene glycol – Also known as Propane-1,2-diol, it is responsible for the consistent texture of skin care products. The Cosmetics Database finds propylene glycol as a moderate hazard ingredient.
- Ceteareth-20 – This is yet another emollient that helps thicken solutions as well as help other ingredients dissolve in a solvent.
- Simethicone – In the Cosmetic Database this is considered as a low hazard ingredient. This ingredient is used for its anti-foaming capabilities.
- Glyceryl monostearate – It is an organic molecule that acts as a lubricant on the skin’s surface. It gives your skin that soft and smooth glow. Also, it is responsible for slowing down the loss of water in your skin.
- Sorbic acid – It is what kills and prevents microorganisms from thriving, thus skin care products won’t easily spoil.
Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream Effects
The manufacturer claims the cream has no side effects, because they brag of having The Skin Trust Society Dermatologist Approved Seal to back this up.
However, the products do contain certain emollients which at times can cause stinging, burning, redness, and some other forms of irritation. If such effects persist, you must consult a doctor immediately.
For pregnant and breastfeeding women, it’s best to consult with your doctor first before using the product.
Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream Dosage
Apply the cream to the skin after cleansing in the morning and then as needed to keep it from getting dry. During winter season, application may be more due to the cold weather that causes the skin to dry up quickly.
For people with highly sensitive skin, it is recommended to do skin testing first before attempting to use this cream.
Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream Reviews
Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream has been on the market for years. While many users recognize its benefit especially for dry skin, some reviews say otherwise.
This cream comes from a line of other Vanicream skin care products. So far, the reviews online are not enticing to get someone to buy the product.
Majority of the customer reviews and comments online point out that the moisturizer is too thick, making it hard to apply. Plus, the cream is said to be not as moisturizing as it claims to be.
Where To Buy Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream?
You can purchase this product directly from the manufacturer’s website. You can also order from online stores such as Amazon and Walmart.
Locally, you can buy it from retail stores such as Walgreens, CVS, Target, Walmart, and Shopko. The price ranges from $ 4 to $18. Vanicream comes in the following packaging:
- 1lb. (453g) jar
- 1lb. (453g) jar with pump
- 4 oz. (113g) tube
- 2 oz. (57g) travel size tube
Does Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream Really Work Or Is It A Scam?
Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream has been on the market for quite a few years now. However, just because it’s been on the market for years doesn’t mean the product actually works.
If you take a look at the list of ingredients for this product, you will see that only Glyceryl monostearate is the only one that can aid in moisturizing while the rest are not.
Overall, the product can moisturize but only for those with normal skin. If you have dry, sensitive skin, it would be best to check out other moisturizers that are available on the market.