- 0.1 What Is Nutricology ProGreens?
- 0.2 Who Makes Nutricology ProGreens?
- 0.3 Best Nutricology ProGreens Alternative?
- 0.4 Who Is Nutricology ProGreens For?
- 0.5 How Does Nutricology ProGreens Work?
- 0.6 Nutricology ProGreens Ingredients
- 0.7 Nutricology ProGreens Side Effects
- 0.8 Nutricology ProGreens Dosage
- 0.9 Nutricology ProGreens Reviews
- 0.10 Where To Buy Nutricology ProGreens
- 0.11 Does Nutricology ProGreens Really Work Or Is It A Scam?
- 1 Submit Your Nutricology ProGreens Review:
What Is Nutricology ProGreens?
Nutricology ProGreens is a blend of natural superfoods. The main goal of this green powder is to provide your body with vital minerals, vitamins, and nutrients. It contains organic grasses and other natural ingredients.
This supplement is full of sea vegetables, adaptogenic herbs (herbs that help the body react to stress), probiotics, fibers, and more.
The manufacturer claims that this formula does not contain any preservatives or artificial colors or flavors.
There can be some variations of color with the capsules, but the company does not provide clarification as to why. This supplement should be kept refrigerated.
Who Makes Nutricology ProGreens?
This product is made by a company called Nutricology. They were founded in 1979, nearly 40 years ago.
The company makes a variety of products in addition to ProGreens.
Best Nutricology ProGreens Alternative?
Due to all the negative reviews about Nutricology ProGreens, we’ve been looking for a competitive product that was proven more effective. We checked several of them with deception and finally came around a real effective greens supplement. You can read its review HERE.
Who Is Nutricology ProGreens For?
This product is for anyone who is struggling with getting enough fruits and vegetables in their daily diet.
It is not meant to replace your fruit and vegetable intake but simply supplement it.
How Does Nutricology ProGreens Work?
This product works to provide your body with ample nutrients. It contains superfoods and antioxidants to help strengthen your immune system.
It also contains fiber to help with regular digestion and improved bowel movements.
Finally, this product includes probiotics that help keep your gut bacteria healthy.
Nutricology ProGreens Ingredients
This supplement contains quite a long list of ingredients. You might notice that many of these ingredients are commonly used in nearly all green supplements.
There is nothing really unique about these ingredients that make this company stand out from others.
Here is the full list of ingredients:
- Vitamin E (D-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acid Succinate) 28 IU
- Organic wheatgrass powder 100 mg
- Organic barley grass powder 100 mg
- Organic alfalfa grass powder100 mg
- Organic oat grass powder 100 mg
- Organic spirulina powder 286 mg
- Chlorella (cracked-cell) 100 mg
- Dunaliella extract12 mg
- Dulse Powder 8 mg
- Licorice root powder 28 mg
- Eleuthero root extract 38 mg
- Suma root powder 17 mg
- Astragalus root extract 17 mg
- Echinacea purpurea leaf and stem extract 17 mg
- Ginger root powder 1.4 mg
- Soy Lecithin (99% oil-free) 572 mg
- Wheat sprout powder (gluten-free) 100 mg
- Acerola berry juice powder 58 mg
- Beet juice powder 58 mg
- Spinach powder (1.5% octacosanol) 42 mg
- Royal Jelly (5% 10-HDA) 42 mg
- Bee Pollen 42 mg
- Flax Seed Powder 144 mg
- Apple pectin and fiber 144 mg
This product also contains 1.43 billion probiotic cultures, which are not derived from dairy. This is good because it makes this product suitable for vegans and those who are lactose intolerant.
Here are the probiotics included:
- Lactobacillus group (L. rhamnosus A, L. rhamnosus B, L. acidophilus, L. casei, L. bulgaricus) 1 billion
- Bifidobacterium group (B. longum, B. breve.) 286 million
- Streptococcus thermophilus 144 million
- Fructooligosaccharides (FOS) 144 mg
Here is a list of extracts that are included in this supplement:
- Milk Thistle extract (80% Silymarin) 17 mg
- Ginkgo leaf extract (24% Ginkgo Flavonglycosides and 6% Terpene Lactones) 6 mg
- Green tea extract (60% Catechins) 6 mg
- Grape seed extract (92% Proanthocyanidins) 6 mg
- Bilberry Extract (25% Anthocyanidins)
- Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose
- Microcrystalline cellulose
- Silicon dioxide
- Magnesium stearate
Something that is very important to mention about this product is that if you live in California, you will notice that it comes with a Proposition 65 warning. This is a warning that makes customers aware that the supplement contains lead.
The manufacturer is required by law to do this because it contains over 0.5 micrograms of lead per serving.
We aren’t sure how much over it is, it could be double the amount or even three times the dosage amount. If there are over 15 micrograms of lead per serving, that means that the product can cause cancer.
The company has stated that the lead in their product is naturally occurring because all soil contains lead. However, that doesn’t mean that lead isn’t dangerous, and it most definitely should not be consumed in high quantities.
Nutricology ProGreens Side Effects
Many customers who bought this greens powder complained about severe stomach pain. Some people even experienced this pain all the way to their back and shoulders.
Other customers have stated that this product made them bloated.
Nutricology ProGreens Dosage
The recommended dosage for this supplement is 1 scoop (8.8 grams) daily. Add this to a shaker with 8 oz of water or juice. Drink immediately.
It works best if you take this on an empty stomach when you wake up.
The company states that you can take more than one serving a day if you wish.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, always consult with your general healthcare practitioner before starting any new supplements.
Nutricology ProGreens Reviews
Many of the customer reviews about this product mention something about the odor of this supplement.
It’s hard for customers to take something regularly if it has a foul smell to it.
Other customers also complained about its lead content.
Where To Buy Nutricology ProGreens
You can purchase this product directly from the manufacturer’s website. It’s also available from other online retailers such as Amazon, iHerb, and VitaCost.
This item appears to only ship to the United States at this time, including APO/FPO addresses.
It costs around $35, not including shipping and handling. The cost varies with different sellers.
Does Nutricology ProGreens Really Work Or Is It A Scam?
We believe that Nutricology Progreens isn’t necessarily a scam, but it’s definitely not the best greens supplement to take.
Yes, it has a very long and impressive list of ingredients. However, the actual quantity of each ingredient used is quite low.
Also, this supplement contains high amounts of lead and has the potential to cause cancer.
We believe you would be better off investing in a greens powder that has no associated risks with it.
Sorted by: Most Recent
by Charlene A. review for Nutricology ProGreens
I don’t like the taste. It’s just awful!
by Caprice Stanley review for Nutricology ProGreens
It’s very hard to drink. I have to pinch my nose so I don’t vomit it all.
by Irving F. review for Nutricology ProGreens
I honestly don’t enjoy the taste but it I get to save more than my other greens podwer. So I’ll stick with this.
by Salvatore Stewart review for Nutricology ProGreens
It’s a bit chalky for my taste. I have to add fruits on my shake so it tastes better.
by Cheryll C. review for Nutricology ProGreens
I like the taste! I don’t know with the others but I;m fine with it. The only negative side is my tummy is always working overtime. I guess it must be the probiotics in the powder. Other than that, the product is good.
by Ivan Blaker review for Nutricology ProGreens
My stomach is bloating every time I finish a glass of my smoothie with the powder.
by Linette Fellers review for Nutricology ProGreens
Tried mixing the powder with water but I couldn’t take it.
I now mix it with my smoothies to mask the taste and it’s now palatable.
Submit Your Nutricology ProGreens Review:
Do you have experiences with Nutricology ProGreens? Does it work? Were you satisfied with the results? Please share your thoughts, review and rate the product and help others!