- 1 What Is Weleda Skin Food?
- 2 Who Makes Weleda Skin Food?
- 3 Best Weleda Skin Food Alternative
- 4 Who Is Weleda Skin Food For?
- 5 How Does Weleda Skin Food Work?
- 6 Weleda Skin Food Ingredients
- 7 Weleda Skin Food Side Effects
- 8 How To Use Weleda Skin Food
- 9 Weleda Skin Food Reviews
- 10 Where To Buy Weleda Skin Food?
- 11 Does Weleda Skin Food Really Work Or Is It A Scam?
What Is Weleda Skin Food?
Weleda Skin Food is an all-natural moisturizer which works best on dry skin types.
The product provides your skin with much-needed hydration. It also gives off a calm, cool, soothing feeling.
This moisturizer is a multi-purpose cream which you can apply to your face, elbows, hands, and feet.
Who Makes Weleda Skin Food?
The manufacturer of this product is Weleda. It started out as a pharmaceutical laboratory with its own plant garden back in 1921. The company’s founders are Dr. Rudolf Steiner and Dr. Ita Wegman.
If you need to get in touch with the company, you can call their hotline at 1-800-241-1030. The hours of operation are from 10 AM to 4 PM. In addition, you can email them at [email protected]
Below is the registered address from the main website:
Weleda North America
1 Bridge St Suite 42
Irvington, NY 10533
Best Weleda Skin Food Alternative
Due to all the negative reviews about Weleda Skin Food, we’ve been looking for a competitive product that was proven more effective. We checked several of them with deception, and finally came around a real effective skin moisturizer. You can read its review HERE.
Who Is Weleda Skin Food For?
If you have dry, flaky skin that needs hydration, then this moisturizer is something that you can use to help ease the dryness.
The moisturizer is marketed for both men and women. It is not only for the face, but also for other dry spots such as hands, feet, and elbows as well.
Weleda works best on people with dry skin types only. Those with very oily skin are advised not to use this product as it may cause breakouts.
How Does Weleda Skin Food Work?
The Weleda Skin Food moisturizer helps the skin retain moisture thanks to its special hydrating ingredients.
Aside from hydration, the cream heals chapping skin and prevents it from flaking further.
It helps smoothen hardened surfaces surrounding the heels of the feet, elbows, and hands. It also works on dry, flaky lips.
Weleda Skin Food Ingredients
The following are the ingredients found in Weleda Skin Food:
- Sunflower seed oil – works to lighten dark spots and soften feet soles, knees, and elbows.
- Wool wax – an ingredient that counteracts roughness, chapping, and other skin problems.
- Sweet almond oil – rich in Vitamin E which helps promote a healthy heart and skin.
- Beeswax – is a product of the honeycomb of bees. It is often used in cosmetics as a thickener, emulsifier, and stiffening agent.
- Polyglyceryl-3 – is a hydroxy compound that works as a surfactant and emollient in skin care products and other cosmetics.
- Polyricinoleate – used as an emulsifier.
- Glycerin – this ingredient makes the skin look healthier and more natural.
- Limonene 1– is an enzyme that works as a binder for other ingredients.
- Viola Tricolor Extract – is a plant extract that has soothing and antioxidant properties.
- Sorbitan Olivate – is produced by reacting polyol, sorbitol, with fatty acids. It works as an emulsifier.
- Rosemary Leaf Extract – has antioxidant capabilities and has a calming effect on the skin.
- Chamomile Flower Extract – it is an ingredient that helps soothe skin irritations and fight antibacterial diseases.
- Calendula – an ingredient that has a powerful antioxidant. Also, it helps with health issues ranging from skin inflammation to cramps.
- Arginine – is also known as L-arginine, which helps in wound healing.
- Zinc Sulfate – a colorless mineral that functions as a crystalline compound.
Weleda Skin Food Side Effects
There is no report or warning that this product causes adverse effects.
One of the ingredients, almond oil, has varying degrees of glycoside. Glycoside can cause serious issues if ingested. Thus, keep the cream away from children to ensure safety.
Avoid contact with eyes as it may cause irritation and puffiness. Wash with plenty of water immediately if you accidentally get the product inside your eyes.
How To Use Weleda Skin Food
Use the cream several times daily. Apply a generous amount on rough, dry, chafing areas such as your feet, hands, and elbows.
If you are applying it on your face, take note that the cream takes time before it gets absorbed.
Always check the ingredients to see if you are allergic to any of them or you can also do a skin test. Apply a small amount of cream on the back of your hand. If irritation and allergic reactions occur, discontinue the use of this product.
Weleda Skin Food Reviews
According to Weleda Skin Food reviews online, most users complained of the unpleasant smell of the cream.
The moisturizing effects, according to the reviews, are not long-term.
There are some users that complained of skin breakout out after application. One user complained that red itchy bumps appeared after applying the cream on the face.
They also mentioned that it is greasy on the face when applied. If you have oily skin, this is probably not a product that you should use.
Where To Buy Weleda Skin Food?
You can buy this moisturizer on the official website, Amazon, Walmart, and other affiliate websites.
The cream comes in a tube. You can buy it in 1 fl oz and 2.4 fl oz.
Does Weleda Skin Food Really Work Or Is It A Scam?
Weleda skin food moisturizer is not a scam. However, it is just a moisturizer of average quality. The cream does not have any additional benefits coming from its use.
A majority of the users complained of its scent. Nobody wants to go out smelling weird because of the moisturizer they use.
Most users want products with multiple functions. Hence, to remain competitive, a moisturizer must also be an anti-aging cream or a sunscreen, for example.
We recommend that you go for other skin moisturizers. There are a lot of moisturizers that have other beneficial capabilities. Check reviews and the product details to get the best one that would suit your skin type.
Sorted by: Most Recent
by Cristi Spring review for Weleda Skin Food
While this cream does moisturize, it smells really horrible. I have to douse myself in my favorite perfume to mask the smell.
by Fredricka Conlon review for Weleda Skin Food
My skin became dryer than ever before.
by Miyoko K. review for Weleda Skin Food
Don’t waste your money. Any cheap lotion can do what this product does.
by Sina Frisbie review for Weleda Skin Food
My moisturizer works better than this. However, the minty cool feeling is really nice.
by Odelia O. review for Weleda Skin Food
Pimples and rashes broke out after using the product. Wouldn’t recommend it to anyone, especially for those with super sensitive skin.
by Shonta S. review for Weleda Skin Food
Moisturizing effect only lasts for a few hours. My old cream lasts for a day.
by Josphine Meachum review for Weleda Skin Food
Heavy and greasy on the skin. And for some reason, it feels uncomfortably hot rather than cool as advertised.